Start an entry-level job in the telecommunications industry with fiber splicing skills as a CORNING certified fiber broadband technician. Mechanical experience in some form is a plus (ie. auto, telecom, electrical, plumbing, military), but not required. Taught by a Corning Incorporated-equipped instructor.
Location: Wesson Campus
Duration: 8 weeks, evening classes
Entrance Requirements and Prerequisites:
The application process includes a list of required program prerequisites and forms. All forms should be carefully completed and submitted with any necessary documentation. Note that your registration for the class is not complete until all application documents are submitted, and your application fee is paid.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Graduate/GED equivalent
- A minimum score of 16 on the ACT OR a silver level on the ACT WorkKeys.
- College completion certificate
- Forklift Certification
- CORNING fiber splicing technician certificate
- OSHA-10 card
- CPR/FA certification