Broadband Expansion Resources
- Broadbandms.com – www.broadbandms.com This is BEAM’s site to collect speed test data for those who currently have some form of internet access at their home address. This data is purely used to make the Mississippi broadband service map. Individuals should visit the site while connected to their HOME network and click “Test your Internet” to start running 3 simultaneous speed tests. If individuals have no internet at their home address, they may text or call 601-439-2535.
- Connectivity Survey – www.broadbandms.com/connectivitysurvey This survey will take participants about 5 minutes or less to complete and asks a series of questions about their current internet service or lack thereof.
- Digital Asset Survey – www.broadbandms.com/skillssurvey This survey is only to be completed by organizations or businesses that offer digital skills resources. For instance - providing refurbished devices or device loans; any sort of educational training for using devices or protecting yourself online; or any other sort of assistance to educate individuals on the uses of technology.
- ISP Survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MSCommunityCollege This survey is only to be completed by internet service providers. This questionnaire was created by Mississippi Broadband Association (MSBA) in conjunction with the MS Community College System to understand and assist the broadband industry across the state prepare for this one in a lifetime funding and network expansion opportunity.
Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides eligible households with up to a $30 discount off their monthly internet bill or a $75/month discount on Tribal lands. It also provides a one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider when the eligible household contributes at least $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the
Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
• Participates in any of the following assistance programs: SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
• Participates in any of the following Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal
TANF, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or Tribal Head Start (income based);
• Participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
• Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
• Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider's existing low-income internet program.
TWO STEPS TO ENROLL
1) Go to GetInternet.gov to submit an application or print a mail-in application
2) Contact your preferred participating provider to select an eligible plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
Call 877-384-2575, or Visit fcc.gov/ACP